Tuesday, March 20, 2007

YouTube

I've used YouTube before, and its fun, although I don't go there often. I watched a really neat video about a bunch of people in NYC who went into Home Depot and acted as if they were frozen in time. It was an experiment to see how the Home Depot employees and other shoppers would react. I probably wouldn't have heard about this if it wasn't for YouTube, so its a neat way to share experiences and information with others! I am having a hard time coming up with a way that it could be used in libraries, but possibly as a way to showcase programs - for example, people could watch a video clip of a children's program, which would promote the program as well as allow people to see what goes on at the library. Would this violate some sort of privacy rule, though? Maybe patrons would have to sign some sort of form?

No comments: